The following are books on railroading and Western America by Lucius Beebe, or Lucius Beebe and his partner, Charles Clegg. Read Book Patrol's feature, Lucius Beebe: Bon Vivant Book Man.
1. High Iron: A Book of Trains. (New York: D. Appleton-Century Company, 1938).2. Highliners: A Railroad Album (New York: Bonanza Books, 1940).
3. Trains in Transition (New York: Bonanza Books, 1941).
4. Highball: A Pageant of Trains ( New York: Bonanza Books, 1945)
5. The Narrow Gauge Railroads of Colorado (Railway & Locomotive Historical Society Bulletin
No. 671, August 1946).
6. Mixed Train Daily: A Book of Short-Line Railroads. (Berkeley, CA: Howell-North, 1947).
7. Virginia City & Truckee: A Story of Virginia City and Comstock Times (Oakland, CA:
Grahame H. Hardy, 1949).
8. U.S. West: The Saga of Wells Fargo (New York: Dutton, 1949).
9. Legends of the Comstock Lode (Oakland, CA: Grahame H. Hardy,1950).
10. Cable Car Carnival (Oakland, CA: Grahame H. Hardy,1951).
11. Hear the Train Blow: A Pictorial Epic of America in the Railroad Age (New York: Dutton, 1952)
12. Comstock Commotion: The Story of the Territorial Enterprise and Virginia City News
(New York: Dutton, 1954).
13. The American West: A Pictorial Epic of a Continent (1955).
14. The Age of Steam: A Classic Album of American Railroading (New York: Rinehart and
15. Steamcars to the Comstock (1957).
16. Narrow Gauge in the Rockies (Berkeley, CA: Howell-North, 1958).
17. Mansions on Rails: The Folklore of the Private Railway Car (Berkeley, CA: Howell-North, 1959).
18. San Francisco’s Golden Era: A Picture Story of San Francisco Before the Fire ( Berkeley, CA:
19. Mr. Pullman’s Elegant Palace Car (New York: Doubleday & Company, 1961).
20. When Beauty Rode the Rails: A Pictorial Album of Old-Time Railroading (Garden City, NY:
21. 20th Century: The Greatest Train in the World (Berkeley, CA: Howell-North, 1962).
22. Rio Grande: Mainline of the Rockies (Berkeley, CA: Howell-North, 1962).
23. Central Pacific and the Southern Pacific Railroads (Berkeley, CA: Howell-North, 1963).
24. Great Railroad Photographs U.S.A. (Berkeley, CA: Howell-North, 1964).
25. Two Trains To Remember: The New England Limited, The Air Line Limited. Virginia City,
NV: privately published, 1965).
26. The Trains We Rode, Volumes I and II (Berkeley, CA: Howell-North, 1965, 1966).